November 17, 2006

Tokimeki 05 released, notes and others

So, finally I can breathe a very, very happy sigh of relief. Finally, I'm proud to announce my foray into the anime world after years of being in the RAW business. Tokimeki Memorial Only Love episode 05, my translation debut for #Ryoumi@rizon.net. Notes and other interesting bits of my work on ep 05:

  • I originally joined Ryoumi as a bt seeder, then I decided I wanted to work on Chocosis. Instead, Mr. Spinal told me to work on Tokimeki 05 first. You can imagine my surprise when,
  • Working on ep 05 was the first time I had watched Tokimeki. It had just started, it was on my queue list, it was highly talked about amongst two of our members at L-R. And yet, I had to watch it for the first time in my life lol.
  • But it wasn't the first time I heard about Tokimeki Memorial. I had actually heard of the first series and the games as well. It was no wonder why it was quite popular then...
  • Knowing that this was my debut as a translator, I decided that I would translate the first half, senoby would translate the second half. I would then let senoby check my work, and then I would finalize our work for TLC. It was hard, I'll tell you that...
  • I was ready to give up right away. I had originally wanted to work on Chocosis on a low level, seeing as how I was new at this. But I owe it all to senoby, who told me to relax and take my time. I ended up finishing it as promised, on the following friday.
  • Since this was my first time watching Tokimemo, I had a hard time deciphering names. Now, some of you may know I am bad with remembering names, but this was way bad. I had to resist ruining my veiwing experience when I didn't know who was what and what was going on (there were a few references to earlier eps in 05)
Well, that was a fun ride. With that I let Spinal know that maybe I should take it easy for now and work on a level acceptable to the group. You'll see me again in the eps and series to come....

Comments welcome. Don't forget to enjoy my post below about a new kind of anime figure lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.