August 29, 2011

Mayo Chiki Episode 08, Usami-chan baths!

Ah, how frustrated I was when episode 08 rolled around, and I never got to see Usami-chan bathing. Well, with my overflowing ero-power, I made Usami-chan bath.



I loved this 'shop, mainly because it was such a ridiculously clever use of mind tricks. I make no secret that I've been studying the human psyche, and I decided to utilize some of that in tricking the eyes of what they normally don't perceive. Let's look at how I made this 'shop:

Ah, the original scene. Subaru should have let her hair down :p

Here's a scene from episode 06. Why did I choose this scene? See the time of day? It's sunset, casting a soft orange glow over Usami-chan, giving her an identical coloring as if she was in a softly lit place, such as the hot spring.

Ah, here's where the mind trickery starts. Of course, Usami has her head slightly down, while Subaru has her head up high. That means some of the foilage in the background has been covered by Subaru, and not Usami. So, I'm not going to draw some leaves, so I decided to rip them off the background itself.

Let's put it over Subaru, so that it looks like the foilage was originally there. Looks terrible, ja?

Until the final product of course. As I've mentioned earlier, the mind trick I'm playing on viewers is the fact that the foilage is quite literally just a bunch of leaves, by itself it looks like a bad copy-pasta, but when semi-covered by Usami's face, our perception of the foilage is no longer complete, and instead our brains get the idea that someone is standing in front of the leaves, so they are therefore random to our eyes.

Of course, the joke is, in a picture like this, what's the first thing you look at? The foilage? The rocks? The cute, naked girl that's smiling at you? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.