December 3, 2011

Q & A with mangatron: Big ones, Small ones, and any in-between?

The post title is a joke from the Full Metal Panic manga, specifically the second one. I believe its volume 03, when Sousuke worked in a video rental store. I bought that manga in a US Army base bookstore back in 2006 when I returned to Germany, hence why it's rather special to me. Except for the part where I left it in Germany.

If you read my last post, you'll find I'm in favor of small, sporadic posts instead of once-a-blue-moon big posts, and to continue that, there are much questions going about that my PM inbox at the Animesuki forums cannot contain. Seriously, I have to empty that almost twice a season XD So today I'm going to tackle a question that has arisen a number of times the past 3 seasons: Who is that girl in your avatar?

Q: Okay, it's been going on for awhile, but why the bouncy avatars?

A: It's a fairly recent thing. I'm not really known for it, but as usual something happened and it ended up being a habit. It all started with the Anime version of Astarotte's Toy, and Lotte's well endowed mother. Specifically, episode 05. And I made it no secret my love for my Queen, but I had the fun idea to take it a step further by placing her in my avatar, perhaps a first for a mature woman such as her XD
The avatar that started it all

Of course, it made a heavy impact: at the time, my "lolitron" nickname was as prevalent as ever, then all of a sudden a bouncy woman resides in my avatar space? Shortly afterwards, I never failed to receive a PM/visitor message about "Who is the girl(yes she has been called a girl) in your avatar" during this time, and I thought "Oh, there's not many viewers for this show, maybe I can recommend a lot to it" and I proceeded to pounce on any chance I can get to animate her screen time.
The second Mercelida avatar from episode 09

From that point, I have had a "big" avatar since. If there wasn't a new pair of big ones that week, the avatar remained. The best part: I have had so many PM's about questions of what series my avatar came from, and I have directed them to the appropriate thread, thus making them watch a series they never would have had it not been for my avatar. Thus, the story of my bouncy avatars, why I continue to use them, and why it remains the #1 PM I get XD

Just some of the avatars I'm responsible for since Spring 2011:




This one deserves special mention. My favorite, one that lasted for almost a month, and the most controversial avatar I have used that brought smiles and a headache to mods and regular members alike, which was also responsible for making me clean out my PM inbox twice: R-15's Chief-chan.

Up next, is... actually, I think I should finish that tutorial first. I was also hoping to resume 7DA afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.