July 6, 2011

July update, health stuff and... stuff

Oh well, the jollyness of the days when I did the Dog Days Photoshops
seems to have been short-lived, as I have come across the same stomach
illness over the past week. I'm doing better of course, but a lot of
things I needed to do has once again been backed up, and it's not
helping when this country is giving me an even shittier time. If you
thought my internet was bad, now it's 45KBs-throttled bad. I mean
bloody hell, why in the world are they (Globe) doing this? There was
no warning whatsoever, no advisory, and yet they have to pull this
crap especially when they already have unstable Saturday connections
and DEAD connection Sundays, on top of DEAD zones every day from 9PM
to 11PM-12AM, 504 errors enough for you to doubt the connection
stability, forcing you to disconnect wasting your top up load, not to
mention all this happening.... when they were the "first" network in
this country to... wait for it... roll out their 4G network. Ok. Let
me get this straight. You upgrade your network with the sole intent
for better speeds, and you throttle down everyone (remember, this
isn't just me affected) to dial-up speeds? WHAT... THE... Fudgsicle is
this Keebler....

Ugh, you have no idea how bad it is. Because I sugarcoated the above
passage leaving out this one all important detail: it is 45KB/s SINGLE
STREAM. Uh huh. You read that right. A single connection. Why is this
imortant? Well, you know how web browsers are these days opening up 8
or more connections per website so as to speed up page loading. So
what happens when you visit a ridiculous image laden site like Sankaku
Complex? Well, instead of getting at least 30KBs of each 8 browser
connections, all 8 connections will take a giant dump on your speed
and try to fit all 8 browser connections into the 45KBs limit. That
means if 1 of the 8 connections tries to load a large image at 40KBs,
the webpage will timeout because all the other page elements could not
load their elements in time, which eventually leaves much of the page
with a highly fragmented looking half loaded website. A vampire has it
easy, at least he sucks on purpose. My connection? I wish I can take a
Nerf gun to it and fire a sucking dart at it, but I don't even feel
like it... +2 for me for the double pun of Nerf and Suck :P

It just doesn't look good for this country. Just yesterday there was a
3 hour blackout all because of... dramatic pause... some Aria-killing
thunderstorms. Now I know the power station wasn't hit because whoop
de flogging doo it happened like this several times in the past few
years, and I refuse to believe this country is as incompetent enough
to get hit by lightning everytime it strikes. There's no way someone
can't learn from that...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.