October 22, 2010

Let the Twintail love flow


Lately, the only anime I've had the greater part of my mind on is Hyakka Ryoran Samurai Girls, and it's a no brainer who the girl in that series excites me most, Naoe Kanetsugu. So, in a different approach than the Teruya Eiko interview (which I feel should stand on it's own as the only tail related interview), I'll talk a bit about why the love flows for my Naoe-chan.



The source

There's always a reason for wanting something, right? Like, you'd want a car so you can drive it to take you places, or you'd want a girlfriend for some lovin', or like how you'd want a cell phone to make calls as you're out and about. In the case of Naoe-chan, there's a reason why I like her, right? Well, not in the way that you think, as it's not limited to my tail interview, but rather the source of all things character design.

Raira (or will the licensor-to-be call her Lyra?)
That's a really big scroll. And a lot of butt to wipe :p

It's no surprise I like to call on the Luminous Arc girls for some default template designs, but Raira for Luminous Arc 3 is, of course, the girl of that game that tingles my spider sense (this being way before I heard of Hyakka Ryoran). As you can see, Naoe-chan shares somewhat of a similar design to Raira, and for some reason I have an infatuation with girls carrying weapons much larger than normal (It's known among LA2 players that Dia from Luminous Arc 2 is my favorite of LA2). "But mangatron! They're all twintails!" you say, but I'd like to show you how I love the twintail and why my love goes deeper than at a glance.
I'm always amused thinking how these girls would look like in real life...

Know Your Twin Tails presented by The mangatron

There's more to the twin tails than just a girl having two tails of tied hair. There's the side mount, and the rear mounted styles. In the following image you can see where I'm going with this:

I'm a big fan of Hatsune Miku, green hair and all, which she sports the side mounted twin tails. This style accentuates the tails more than rear mounted, as both tails are somewhat visible from all angles (mostly due to the hair accessory used). This method shows how nicely the hair accessory ties the hair, and makes possible almost all types of accessories to be used to tie the hair. This style also accentuates what I like to call the Twin Tail Wave. (as in, when Miku turns her head sideways, the twin tails primarily go in opposite directions, clockwise or counter-clock. I might need a better name...)
 The Twintail Wave. Note the background tail going to the right and the foreground tail moving to the left

Naoe-chan, and Raira with the rear mounted tails, provide a whole different experience to the twin tail description. By having rear mounted twin tails, when viewed from the front, they can give the illusion that they have a lot of hair flowing behind them with two hair accessories atop their head (Note Naoe-chan's front view in the pic a few lines up). Now, whatever accessory they use to tie their hair, cannot be very wide (like the gigantic ribbon seen in anime, recent anime think Zakuro from Otome Youkai Zakuro), and it can only be fully seen from the side or rear views. Next, when these girls turn their heads, both tails primarily go in the same direction, what I like to call The Twintail Line Drive (baseball fan here). Rear mounted twin tails can also give the illusion of a ponytail when viewed from the side of a girl running forward.
Line drive up the middle into center field! The Yankee's lose!

If you ever wondered just how much of a twintail fetish I am and how much I love Naoe-chan, this should probably dispel any concerns as to how crazy I am about them. XD Of course, this post is just the tip of the iceberg for my Twintail love, there's still various other topics, such as hair color, tail length, hair accessory used, etc. Which is for another time...hehehe.... *cough*

Comments open to all, no login required. Users already signed into their Google account can comment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.