September 29, 2012

We've moved!

...some of it anyways. As part of ongoing changes I should have done a long time ago, I've gone and created another blog (here) specifically for safe-for-work anime/manga stuff. What in the world? 3 active blogs now? Well, the answer isn't so simple as it is as complicated, so let's break it down.



1. Drafts
I hate drafts. No, not the meaning behind its function, but rather my current blog, animangatron.blogspot.com, has 90 drafts. To get an idea how ridiculous that is, my blog has more than 300 total, so 90 of that failing to go live is a big minus in my book. What happened? Well, I used to go mobile blogging, that was until I found out I couldn't place images where I wanted, and they were thumbnailed small. Not a problem with the blog, but rather when I decided to make all mobile posts drafts, coupled with the fact that I create posts and don't finish them, and then they become too old to matter, it's about time that stops.

2. Confused Content
I'm going to be blunt with this one: once I closed down my personal blog for being, well, too personal, my main blog here became diluted with different content that at one point, it seemed to have lost its way. From my obsessive use of photoshopping the header, to my personal posts and rants making their way here, I wasn't even sure I was talking about anime or manga much anymore. The creation of my wordpress blog became even more of a headache, as what would have best fit there, sometimes was here, and vice versa. Spending all those years at Animesuki led me to realize, that having a blog that sometimes can't be linked there, maybe should not be linked to at all. And as much as I'd hate to admit, not everyone is into fanservice anime. With the creation of a SFW blog, I can now separate it in 3 different fields: manga-tron.blogspot.com is for stuff visitors can read anywhere, be it work or home, animangatron.blogspot.com is for ecchi, non-hentai content best kept in a room all to yourself, and mangatron.wordpress.com will be hentai and a Photoshop portfolio, as I need to put aside photoshopping for now, and perhaps I will re-open my personal blog for those not-so-anime posts. As much as I'd like to keep both blogspot blogs in one, I created a terrible habit, and unless I learn from this, it will be separated for now.

3. My 1TB Hard Drive
Well, that might have been a motivating factor for these changes, but as it is now, I cannot let that drive keep me down. I am absolutely lost as to how to proceed here, as the drive can no longer progress past a certain sector. Everytime the Regen process runs, it stalls at the same sector again and again. Rather than spending too much time on it, I must move on. There are still many things I need to do, and I cannot let this drive dampen my spirits. Yes, it's tough living without 800GB of my most important data, but I needed a hard lesson on today's Hard Drives: never buy custom, non-standard sized drives, and make sure it has an SATA connection instead of some proprietary junk like what Western Digital did for their external My Passport series.

4. Change is good
I don't remember which foody company had that as their motto since they change those so much, but I need to keep that in mind. I need to learn to live without the hard drive for now, since I cannot access it for fear of it becoming to slow to save when I eventually get a new hdd (the seek times are nearly twice as high than before). In order to do that, I need to change what I've been doing lately. From now on, I will take a leave of absence from the photoshop scene, once I finish 2 last jobs that's it for now. As it has always been, I never viewed it as a lucrative investment of my little free time, and photoshopping has drastically reduced almost everything else I used to do with my free time (gaming, anime, manga, reading, internet activities, etc) I need to focus on Android in the event I ultimately sell my phone (as I no longer believe I can prove my case to my company that my hdd should be covered by them), and lately, I've been thinking that I should game more often, I used to do that regularly, and I think it's actually starting to make me happier too (went back to Advance Wars DualStrike, man I was crazy a few years back). But I need to move forward. I need to change, and I feel this is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.