June 22, 2010

My Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou Lily Shiraishi 4koma

Wowser whee, what a hilarious run this 4koma had. My mind was all over the place while drawing this, I slept at my desk several times, and while finishing it up, I made such an obvious glaring typo: Lily's name on the title.


Man, was I wiped. So tired, even the weekend didn't help in easing my tension. As usual:

--I've been to a couple of theme parks in my life (Universal Studio's Hollywood, Knotts berry farm, Disneyland, etc), and it always amused me how there was a height limit to some rides, effectively leaving out a lot of kids from having their fun (weren't these parks for them? XD)
--I actually had a tough time with this 4koma. The last 3 panels were set in stone from the inception of this project, but the first one needed to convey a plausible lead-in to set up the joke. At first I wanted to use plain old text, but that wasn't very fitting of me (I draw draw draw). Next I thought of just starting it with her in front of the ride, but that wasn't even informative. Eventually I settled with a narrator type of lead-in, which is where I went all out with my usual art style.
--That first panel was actually a nightmare to draw, as it was about 3-4 times the size of my screen resolution on my device. There were constant zoom in, zoom out's and what not, ultimately lowering my chances of continuing fanart of Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou.

And, that's it for now maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.