February 29, 2012

So where have I been the past few days...

First let's go back almost 6 years ago. And then the present time. It's no longer tendonitis, my arm was as close to falling off now if it weren't for my skin holding it together.

Over the past weekend, I experienced severe neck pain, apparently I had nightmares about my work, causing me to move a lot while I was sleeping, when I unfortunately suddenly woke up on my right side, the broken shoulder side. The tendonitis side, which, why I never pushed to confirm that and x-ray it, just please don't ask, but it looks like a complete breakdown of my shoulder joint, as yesterday I was literally playing with my ball socket in my shoulder, ugh the popping noises, the way I am able to bend my arm irregularly... I don't want to talk about it anymore, but as you can see, it shut me down those long 6 years ago, and it's happening again.


So that's the update. I've forced myself to slow down my life, forget about anything that needs thinking, and just relax. So you'll see a lot more about me, I have a lot of DS and PSP games to catch up on, and really, this is a long time coming, but I really need some rest, and I think now's the time before I make the big decision to go with surgery, because it's not just my shoulder now, it's affecting my spine too, which I am still experiencing a really stiff neck at the moment, so the sooner I relax the better. I can live with the pain, I have been for a long part of my life, because I just can't see the trade-off between stopping my work for just one day for, who knows how long recovery from surgery would need. Seriously, I consider my work important, to me, it's my life, a task given to me about 17 years ago, I will not give in for this. I can't give in....I believe we all have a destiny, and mine unfortunately involves the uniqueness of my brain, the fact that they were able to see that in spite of what a few pieces of paper said otherwise, I don't want to let them down.

Not even myself.

But...
...Yeah I've been missing out on gaming. Sometimes I wonder why I buy these handhelds when I can't even play them. Good thing the d-pads and joysticks for movement are on the left hand, I don't think pressing buttons with my right isn't going to hurt too much. No wonder why I have been using a trackball for 11 years, I can't use a conventional mouse anymore due to the way you have to use your arm to move that around.

On the other hand, I tried to play a fighting game, and it hurt. Sucks to be me, but it looks like I can't play that genre anymore unless I apply some serious painkiller on my shoulder.

I also wanted to apologize to some folks at XDA-developers for my delayed respones, I know I'm the only one who is willing to help you guys, and I'll keep helping out, for as long as I have a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.