October 8, 2011

Kyoukai Senjou No Horizontal episode 01: nice hairdo!

I just wonder, is my country's language really that good for magic attacks?

Throw this in with one of those that I knew absolutely nothing of prior to airtime. In fact, that Fall 2011 Anime Chart didn't help with it's picture of choice.

Thanks to CrowKenobi, mod extraordinaire at Animesuki, I saw the magazine scans and fell in love with Kimi-chan this series. Though my less than noble reasons are laughable, this episode was quite a fun enough ride that I ended up falling in love with a girl I hadn't seen before (but heard a lot of years ago).

Where's the nose?

First of all, Sensei (Makiko-chan!). Honestly I think she was nicely animated throughout the ep, and she got nice curves too :D As I mentioned earlier her voice was instantly recognizable, which I became a fan of after Mahoraba finished its run. Not to mention she tied her hair into a nice tail there (although I cringed when she cut pieces off lol). Not to mention she knows her stuff and seems smart, definitely my goddess.

THOSE LEGS.

Ahem to the actual episode, while I do find it funny that reactions across the web are very much mixed, I guess it is justifiable for first timers who didn't read accompanying descriptions that should have been included wherever the heck they downloaded it from. I honestly understood what I was getting into by reading what was described as a "dictionary sized synopsis", not to mention I hadn't known this was a novel or a manga or a game even, I really thought this was Sunrise pulling something out of their hat. But what's the surprise, novels seem like the new adapation nowadays. Not that I have a problem with that, as I don't read novels, so that gives me a rather fresh anime experience.

I swear she's got rocket boosters in that hair.

Now about the actual ep, I really like the action, if merely because it was centered around Sensei, but it did well enough in my opinion to keep me glued. Of course my bias is due to my enjoyment of the girls in bodysuits, but that's to be expected.

And that grin :)

The other nose-less anime (Code-E) I thought of. The reason why this came to mind was that this aired when my translator days were winding down, and a fellow fansubber I know worked on this series.

And the gifs:



1 comment:

  1. Wowser, I can't believe I messed up the post formatting there. That'll teach me to not "set it and forget it" post again :P

    And I forgot to mention, the music in this first episode reminded me very much of "Sonic & Sega All-stars Racing" (NDS), especially the music that played when sensei had the students assembled in the first half of the ep.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are published immediately, and anyone can comment.